Do you know what is an input device in computer? Input devices of computer, what is input devices of computer with example, input devices examples, input devices of computer and their functions, computer input devices list, computer input devices name,What is an input device in computer ? If not then in this article today I will tell you what is input devices of computer with example, input devices of computer and their functions, input devices list, etc. so keep reading the article till last.
In today’s digital world, input devices are being used very fast, wherever you look, the trend of computers and mobiles is increasing rapidly and in the meantime, we are also using many input devices we do not even know. today there are many input devices available in the market. By using these, we can transfer data information to the computer and laptop and can extract some crucial outputs from it. In today’s digital world, input devices have greatly facilitated our work. An input device is so important in our everyday life, so let us know what is input devices of computer with example, input devices of computer and their functions. Before knowing this, let us know what is input.
What is Input in Computer ?
Input means investment i.e. when we invest in something then we will call it input. To understand in simple language, when you press any button on the keyboard, then you are giving input to the computer in mobile or computer. Whenever you select an icon or option, you are giving input to the computer through the mouse. Take a different example and understand that when you go to withdraw money from the ATM machine and as soon as you enter the ATM machine When you insert the ATM card, you are giving an input to the ATM machine.
We give input to computers and other machines in many different ways in which we give them some data or information as input according to which they provide us a particular output.
Now you must have understood well what input is. Let us now know what is input devices of computer with example.
Input Devices In Computer
Input device is an electronic device with the help of which we enter data or information in any device, which further helps us in getting some important output. Input devices are the parts of the computer that are used to perform some special tasks on the computer. Apart from the work they are made for, they are unable to do any other work, like for example, let’s take the keyboard in which we use the keyboard to send data information to the computer by pressing any button of the keyboard. Here the keyboard will work only to send data to the computer by pressing the button, we cannot use it as a mic, scanner, mouse or any other input device that can do the same work for which the input device is made.
What is an Input Device In Computer ?
An input device is an electronic device with the help of which we provide data or information to the computer or other electronic machines. Input devices are those devices that help in transferring the data taken from the user to the computer system. When we input data into the computer through the input device, the input device converts the data input by us into electric current i.e. in the form of 0 and 1 and after that, the data goes into the memory, after which That input is processed by the Central Processing Unit and after processing some output comes out.
All those devices present in the computer are input devices with the help of which we input any type of data or information into the computer. Such as a keyboard, mouse, scanner, joy stick, light pen, ATM etc.
Types of Input Devices In Computer
There are also some types of input devices according to the different ways of working which you can see below:
Manual input Device
Manual input devices are those input devices through which to send data information to the computer or to input it into the computer, the user has to manually input it. For example, if you have to type any text, number or character in the computer. Here you will have to type on the keyboard with the help of your fingers or if you want to select any icon or option on the computer, then here also you will have to click on it with the help of the mouse and select that option.
Direct input device
Direct input devices are completely different from manual input devices. In this, we do not have to do the input manually like a direct input device, rather the input is done automatically, if you have ever used a QR code, then you will not have to enter any information. There is no need to do any manual input, after scanning the QR code, the entire process is done automatically. Now this facility is also seen in some money transaction apps like Paytm, Phonepay and Google Pay, in which you can send money. You only need to scan the given QR code. Once scanned, the entire process becomes automatic.
Input Devices of Computer and Their Functions
The main function of an input device is to provide input to the computer system, but if we divide its work into many different parts, then it is capable of doing many things.
Input devices are widely used for data entry work, in which the user enters data into the computer using the keyboard, text, numbers, alpha-mary characters and some special characters. By using the mouse, the options given on the computer are: Select the icon and complete the further processing. Today’s graphical user interface of the computer has become very good and easy to understand in which we can create a new folder or file on the computer in a few seconds by using our keyboard and mouse. Can share files, stream video using a webcam, can talk on video calls and there are many more such functions that allow us to connect input devices very easily.
To capture video, we can use a webcam. To record our audio, we can use audio input such as a mic. To send any document to the computer, we can use a scanner. Input Devices have great importance in our lives which make our work very easy.
Computer Input Devices Name (computer input devices list)
- Keyboard : The keyboard is a rectangle-shaped input device that has about 108 buttons. Using these buttons, we can send input to the computer by typing text number or any special character. With its help, we can do typing on the computer. We can create any file, search on Google, send email to any person, do online shopping and there are many other such tasks which we can do very easily using the keyboard.
- Scanner : Scanner is a very important device that is used to convert any paper document from physical to electronic form. With its use, we can scan any document on the computer and keep it in electronic form for a long time. Nowadays it is being used more in converting physical books into e-books.
- Mouse : Mouse is a very important small device that mainly has three buttons on the right, left and top, whose names are (Left key, Right key, and middle key(roller)). With the advent of the mouse, the importance of graphical user interfaces has increased even more in the digital world of computers. The mouse is normally used by placing it on a flat surface. It has a cursor which we can control by moving the mouse here and there.
- Microphone : A microphone is a very used input device that is used to take sound as input. It converts the sound into digital form and stores it in the computer and then later it is output by an output device speaker. Today, a microphone is used extensively in the industry. It is used extensively in voice recording, audio recording and movie making.
- Joystick : If you do online gaming then you must have heard about joystick. It is used extensively in the field of gaming. It works like a trackball. It has 2 balls, out of which the upper ball is used for direction. and the inner one faces into the ball socket.
- webcam : Web cam is also called a webcam. It is an input device that is used extensively for video streaming and online video meetings. Using it, we can do video recording and live video streaming.
- Touchscreen : It is an input device in which input is given by touching the screen. It is mainly used in mobile tabs and laptops in which we type by touching the mobile or type, select any option and There are many such tasks which we can do only by touching the mobile. Nowadays, fully touch screen mobile phones are coming in the market in which you have to do all the work by touching the mobile screen. All these are touchscreen input devices.
- Light pen : Light pen is an input device that looks like a number 10 and is used by touching the screen with the pen. You can draw on the touch screen and select any option icon.
- Barcode Reader: This is an input device which is used to scan any barcode and send its information to the computer. Nowadays, its use is seen more in mobiles, which we use in applications like ATM, PhonePay and GooglePay, etc., to send money.
- ATM : The full name of ATM is Automatic Teller Machine. We use ATM to withdraw money from the ATM machine. You must have used an ATM at some point in your life. As soon as we insert the ATM card into the ATM machine, The ATM machine stores all the card information inside itself which is necessary for further processing.
- what is input device and its types
Answer: Input device is an electronic device which is used to send data or information to the computer. Its types are Manual input device and Direct input device.
2. Name of five Input Devices.
Answer : keyboard, mouse, scanner, joystick and microphone|
What did you learn today
Today you learned what is an input device in computer? Input devices of computer, what is input devices of computer with example, input devices examples, input devices of computer and their functions, computer input devices list, computer input devices name,What is an input device in computer ?, Types of Input Devices in Computer, etc. So if you liked this article then do share it with someone in need.